This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe. We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how the Walnut Tree uses your data. We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect information relating to you including name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit/ debit card information (‘personal information’).
- When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products, or redeem vouchers.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data)
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you purchase foreign currency from us we’ll collect personal information such as your name, address and proof of identity.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask us to email you information about a product.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you fill in any forms.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
The information we collect
- If you have a web account with us: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your interactions with us through phone, in-store, online or by using one of our apps
For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, gift list and wishlist choices, voucher redemptions, brands you show interest in, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Copies of documents you provide to prove your age or identity where the law requires this. (including your passport and driver’s licence). This will include details of your full name, address, date of birth and facial image. If you provide a passport, the data will also include your place of birth, gender and nationality.
- Payment card information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered. Learn more about this.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
How and why we collect your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service. Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below. Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for. For example, if you’ve asked us to let you know when an item comes back into stock, we can’t do that if you’ve withdrawn your general consent to hear from us.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. When you visit our Website we send you a cookie. We do not store sensitive personal information, but by enabling cookies, it will help you to stay signed in to your account and allows you to continue shopping after you have added items to your basket. You can accept or decline ‘cookies’ by modifying the setting in your browser. Please note that if you disable ‘cookies’ you may not be able to use all the features of our Website. If you send us a message on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Walnut Tree Ltd. uses Google Analytics to measure the performance of this website. Google uses first-party cookies and third-party cookies together.
Who we share your data with?
We only share your personal information with third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
We employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf including the delivery of orders and packages, sending customer communications (company newsletters), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
If you have consented we will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services. If you no longer want to receive such offers, please notify us by email email@example.com.
How long we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data?
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data?
We use security measures to prevent unauthorised access to information that we collect online and through POS. We use a secure online order form for all purchases made via the Website. All data transmitted via this form (including credit card details) is encrypted so it is transmitted securely.
Please note that email correspondence with us is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly please do not send any sensitive information such as credit card details or passwords via email.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities. We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
How to Contact us
Walnut Tree Ltd
Registered in England :
Registered Office: Unit 15-16 Stirling Industrial Centre, Stirling Way, Borehamwood, WD6 2BT
Marron glacé | Glacé fruit | Marzipan | Chocolate ginger | Chocolate orange | Chocolate | Cinnamon | Chocolate nuts | Pâte de fruit | Spicy nuts | Nuts | Dried fruit | Nougat | Nut brittle | Mango | Strawberry | Brazil | Apricot | Date | Almonds | Stocking fillers | Christmas | Vegan | Vegetarian | Halal | Kosher | Gluten free | Presents | Gifts | Best | Hampers | Gift ideas | Corporate gifts | New Year’s gifts | Quality | Luxury | Gifts for him | Gifts for her